For proper operation, wired plates require a continuous power supply of 12 V, even when the vehicle is turned off. To prevent the car battery from draining, the plates are equipped with a built-in feature that automatically switches them to low power mode when the car's voltage drops below 10.5 V. It is important to keep in mind that the RPlates Internal will not update if the voltage falls below 5.5V.
Reboot - 8 second press
- This resolves most issues with a plate wired correctly to 12 V constant power.
- To perform a reboot, press the button on the bottom right-hand side of the plate for 8 seconds.
- A successful reboot will display a series of codes at the bottom, indicating connection to the LTE network.
- If the plate does not respond or only flashes when pressed, it's likely due to a lack of power or a dead internal battery.
To resolve the issue of the plate detached message, you can follow these steps:
1. First, log into the website https://rconnect.rplate.com/fmc-dashboard using your email credentials.
2. Once you are logged in, use the search bar to locate the RPlate by entering the VIN, plate number, or name.
3. After finding the RPlate, click on the authorize button.
4. Now, go to the physical location of the plate.
5. Perform a reboot by pressing the button located on the bottom right-hand side of the plate for a duration of 8 seconds.
In addition, you can also try resetting the hall sensor by pulling it off and then resetting it on the bracket. Afterward, perform a reboot.
By following these steps, you will successfully remove the plate detached message and ensure that the plate functions properly.
- Please see our Install Guide
Need further support? Please click Help > Contact Support on the bottom right of your Fleet RConnect Portal.