Directions to update from a temporary to permanent plate, or to a vanity license plate.
- UPDATING FROM A TEMPORARY LICENSE PLATE TO YOUR PERMANENT PLATE:
- Step 1: Open up your app, and tap on the yellow "Update My License Plate" button (circled in red on the right)
- Step 2: Submit and upload new photos in the "Vehicle Registration Document" and "License Plate" fields, similar to what you see in the lower of the two images here.
- Step 3a (if you have a battery-powered RPlate): Stand near your vehicle to allow your phone to connect and push your updated plate image to your RPlate.
Step 3b (for owners of the wired RPlate):
- Your digital plate automatically connects to our servers multiple times per day. However, if you would prefer to have your plate update immediately, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds for the new plate image to upload.
- UPDATING TO A VANITY PLATE:
- Send us an email with a request to update you to your new vanity plate image. Please be sure to attach a photo of both your new vanity plate and registration card, and we'll get you all set up.