The Reviver app can be used to view registration fees, see if smog/emissions testing is required, to pay fees, and to update the digital tags.
When your vehicle's registration is nearing its due date (within 75 days), the Reviver app will send you an alert to let you know you have an action to take. Once you're in the Reviver app, you'll see a new status button on the home page that will instruct you on what you need to do to successfully renew your registration. You can pay your registration renewal directly via the Reviver app.
Registration renewal requirements do differ by state. It's important to understand how the Reviver app will assist you in ensuring these requirements are met.
- Arizona: Vehicle owners can see when registration is due from the Reviver app's home page. If emissions testing is required, the test must be passed successfully before registration renewal can be completed. Upon successfully passing the emissions test, results are reported electronically to ADOT, and users can proceed to complete the renewal process. Depending on what ADOT reports for your vehicle, you may be eligible for a registration cycle of one, two, or five years. Visit the ADOT website for more information.
- California: Vehicle owners can see when registration is due from the Reviver app's home page. If a SMOG test is required, you will be alerted to complete the test. However, users are permitted to pay fees before SMOG testing is completed. Once payment is received via the Reviver app and SMOG test is completed successfully, the renewal process is complete. California vehicles are only eligible for one-year registration cycles. Visit the CA DMV website for additional information.
- Michigan: Vehicle owners can see when registration is due from the Reviver app's home page. Payment can be paid via the Reviver app. Visit the MI SOS website for additional information.
Once registration renewal is complete, the RPlate can be updated with current digital tags.
- RPlate Battery users can update the RPlate by connecting their plate to the Reviver app via Bluetooth. If you opt to not use Bluetooth, the RPlate will update automatically within seven days.
- RPlate Wired users will see their plate update within four hours after registration is complete. Double pressing the button on the lower right of the RPlate screen will result in an immediate update.